You are hereForums /

El Presidente's picture

Pierres Loyalty Card

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

At long last, our persistent nagging must have been heard by those at the top of the barista chain.

As we tapped along the Pacific Hwy after our Weekday ride to Terry Hills this morning and rolled up at Pierres, I unassumingly unbuckled my helmet, spared my bike any more torture and layed it gently against the fencing surrounding Pierres Patisserie and made my way inside for "the usual thanks Jack" (reg skim cap).

However this was not to be any regular morning...

El Presidente's picture

Beauie Worlds Jan 30, 2011

Beauie Worlds titles are not won easily and NSCC Sharkies Moits rider Chris "Sally Stompin" Williams is becoming all too familiar with what it takes to win at Mt Kuring Gai.

With around 60+ riders turning up on the day, many took to the line in B Grade and C Grade with A Grade looking pretty skint in comparison.

A Grade

16 riders took to the A Grade start in comparison with around 28 in B Grade.

El Presidente's picture

Pics from El Presidente & Calendar events

What an awesome bunch on Saturday for El Presidente! Obviously the weather helps but that was one of the biggest bunches I've seen in quite a while and everyone handled themselves very well. Often, larger bunches tend to result in poor bunch formation and road spread but I think we did well.

It was great to have some of the elite guys like Sally Sit-On come out too to liven up the Bobbo assault and the Nth Turramurra sprint and also a few of the not so regulars come out and have a crack.

El Presidente's picture

Australia Day Ride Report

Australia Day rolls around once a year but the Ettalong Loop Ride is one you should seriously consider doing more often.

With a public holiday, all the time in the world and a favourable weather forecast, some of the NSCC faithful celebrated Australia Day in style.

A good bunch of approx 16-20 rolled out with the loop heading north up Pacific Hwy, through Calga and then a right turn into the Somersby valley. Was great to see Dan Moit harden up for the full loop too - spurred on by his old man who also committed to the days epic and Kathy Warne brought some "femme" to the bunch.

El Presidente's picture

Turning a new page on NSCC

Welcome to the new look Northern Sydney Cycling Club website.

Firstly - we apologise for the problems experienced with the previous page but we hope to have overcome them now and reduced the chance of recurrence with this new layout.

This new site incorporates our members feedback from the previous site, NOW allowing ANY member the opportunity to register as a user and "create a ride" that can be edited and scheduled in the Calendar.

Now there is NO excuse that you "didn't know there was a bunch ride on".

El Presidente's picture

Beauie Worlds Jan 2, 2011

Motor Pacing

Unfortunately there was a crash in C grade on the final lap which occurred as a few chasers tried to pass B Grade in last effort to catch the few up the road. The result was riders everywhere and B grade split. Fortunately there was no serious injuries, Harrison having x Rays but all clear and another rider with a dislocated shoulder.

Best Mountain Bike